Thursday, August 27, 2009

How (not) to use a fork

So Con is at that delightful age where he wants to use a fork on his own. Which is great - anything to help meal time is perfect I say. I get a little antsy about the mess and the flinging, but he's trying really hard.

Oh - and have I mentioned he has a thing for Bil-jac? Yes, the animal food. We keep trying and trying to keep him out of it. I know it wont' hurt him, but the ick factor is kind of high there. We keep a gate across the kitchen, but sometimes when my husband and I are both in there - he gets to the bowl. He's also taken the opportunity to practice his fork skills with the dog food:





I sometimes wonder - if I had a girl - would she be doing this kind of thing or is he just all boy. Eh, doesn't matter. He's fun anyway

4 comments:

The Red Headed Mama said...

HAHAHA! I love that he is using a fork in the dog food!
Ian tested out the fork today, he stabbed the waffle and then promptly removed it from the fork with his fingers and shoved it in his mouth...at lunch. Yes, I fed him waffles for lunch while sitting on the chest freezer in the kitchen. :)

Nikea said...

Hi Brooke I am coming to you from the SITs site as well... Thanks for stopping by... and your son is adorable... I don't have any children... but the fact that this little guy puts a smile on your face everyday is worth a little dog food.. plus a girl doesn't gurantee a girlie, girlie... I used to want to be in Rougue from Xmen and jump off of roofs when I was younger.:)

Can't wait to read more.!

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

I so can't tell you if it would be any better with a girl! So funny. I love a mom who goes for the camera in those moments.

Unknown said...

Wow, that video was powerful. It should be shown in every high school!

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.