Friday, September 4, 2009

Tampons make good bath fellows

I can't remember the actual saying...something makes strange bedfellows, but what that something is, I can't remember.


Anyway -


Connor has started coughing and has a funky belly. Tonight I'm stripping him down for his bath and his poor behind could not be redder from the tummy trouble. I've never seen a little butt so red (I'm sure he'll be thrilled I broadcast that once he's older). He's screaming and crying while I'm trying to clean him up. I decide to give him a bath. It's one of his favorite things - he's not calming down. In an effort to distract him from the pain, I try giving him cups, balls, razers (just seeing if you're paying attention). Finally I reach down and give him a tampon. He loves it. And really, what's not to love. Add water - it takes on a whole new shape! So, I give him a bath and use my secret diaper rash remedy (okay, it's equal parts plain yogurt and aquaphor. Mix and keep it chilled in the fridge) to which he started to scream again. After some snuggle time, he calmed down (with the help of Handy Manny) and hopefully he's now out for the night. Who knew tampons were such fun?


1 comment:

The Red Headed Mama said...

I'll have to remember that trick! Ian just gets plastic dinosaurs and cups...oh, and a big brother that finds it hilarious to splash all the water out of the tub "for Ian".