Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The vaccine debate settled....for me

My brother recently got married a month ago. I love my new sister-in-law. She really will be the sister I never had. They went on their honeymoon to Cabo in Mexico and had a great time. They came home and Megan wasn't feeling that well and hasn't really for about a month. Yesterday was the worst she has ever felt. My brother to her to the ER. They ran a few tests, including one for H1N1. Turns out, she has viral menengitis! She's been admitted to the hospital and is in pain, but should be fine. She was worried about everyone she's been in contact with - particularly kids. I told her not to worry about Connor - he's been vaccinated. And I was so relieved my husband and I made that decision. To vaccinate. I know they can be scary, but in this instance - its been peace of mind.

She's of course, worried about me getting it as well. I told her I'll be fine - she didn't lick me :)

~Brooke

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brooke! Glad I found your blog! I'm following now.

Kiera said...

totally agree- too dangerous not to!