Monday, February 1, 2010

Innappropriate conversations with my son

I have this horrid habit of sometimes talking to children like grownups.  Not always, but definetly inappropriate at times.

When Connor was six weeks old - Alan started telling him:

"Connor, wear your rubbers."

A good life lesson for sure, but not really needed before one can hold their head up.

It's winter time here in Northeast Ohio and as my dad says - you have to be strong to do an Ohio winter.  The other night it was bathtime and the following conversation took place:

B: Well, Connor, we made it through a January winter.  That's pretty tough.  Now, February is the shortest month, but it feels like the longest.  And March - well, March is a tease, much like some bitch you'll meet in a bar one day.
A: Did you really just say that?
B: Yes, yes I did and I stick by it.

Let's hope I outgrow such conversations.

~B

No comments: