Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's a carnival!

No, not my life, but surely that would qualify.

I don't know that I ever mentioned it, but a few years ago I met my friend Jen a few years ago through thebump.com when we were both trying to have a baby.  Through Jen, I met Dana, who introduced me to an online message board she had created for local Northeast Ohio moms.  I really like the board-  it's a great resource and I've met some good friends there.  One of the girls, Paige has set up a blog carnival with new topics every Wednesday.  This week's topic:

Your child's favorite and least favorite foods.

When Connor was younger - he would eat anything.  Seriously anything.  One of his favorites then was ground up meatloaf and green beans.  Now, he won't touch the stuff.  But the thing is - he would at least TRY things then - even if they did get everywhere:




and we did get some attitude:





Now, he's all about the ususal toddler foods: nuggets, PB&J, fish sticks and M&M's.  Surprisingly he does still love green beans.  He also eats foods we won't touch: olives, grape tomatos, yogurt.  On a rare occasion we can get him to try something new.  Last night we had Chicken Parm.  Wouldn't even try it.  But, I've stopped making him something separate.  I always said I would be one of those moms who at least made their child try something.  It's hard to get that to happen with a 22 month old.  Hopefully in a few more months he will understand at least trying something.  I think if he would just try stuff he would actually like it.  I normally wind up giving him extras - a piece of bread and butter, yogurt before bed.  Something so that he's not starving in the middle of the night.   So I guess the foods he hates - are 1) anything new and 2) eggs.  The child gags at the mere sight of them.  It's kind of funny, but frustrating at the same time.  His dad is the same way.  Alan gags over smells he doesn't like.  Ever want to see it - if you ever see Alan, just mention wet cat food and watch the fun ensue.

I will say though - at least with Connor being older we can take him out to restaurants now and he will at least pick at something.  Here's a pic of him at Bob Evans last week.  Yes, that is a DVD player on the table.  I'll do what I have to do get a hot meal.




Until next time -

~B

MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, I totally gag at eggs too. I can't even make them for my hubby. The closest I get to eggs is french toast and I almost throw up when I'm dipping the bread!

That attitude pic is awesome! What a cutie.

Dana Herro said...

Tell Connor that when I was pregnant with Simone I couldn't come within 10 feet of an egg without barfing and they're normally one of my fave foods :)